Another low-end phone, the Galaxy J6 has started getting the Android Pie update. Galaxy J6 owners can update the phone to latest Android 9 Pie straight away. The update has first started rolling out for the J600FN model. This update carries the PDA J600FNXXU3BSD1. At the time of writing this post, the Galaxy J6 Android Pie firmware is rolling out for the Italian region. If you are living outside Italy and you have the J600F model, you can update your phone manually. This guide will explain how you can download Android 9 Pie on Samsung Galaxy J6. Before you download Android Pie on Galaxy J6, let us learn more about this phone and the Android Pie firmware.
Android Pie for Samsung Galaxy J6
Just yesterday, we saw the Android Pie update rolling out for the Galaxy J8. The Galaxy J8 update made it evident that Samsung will be updating low-end smartphones to the Android Pie now. And today, we have the Android Pie for Galaxy J6 here. Samsung Galaxy J6 was released last year in May. At that time, this phone was coming running on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. Galaxy J6 was powered by 14 nm Exynos 7870 Octa SoC and had a RAM of 3GB or 4GB. This hardware made this phone good enough for another mega Android update.
The update for the Galaxy J6 is happening in Italy through OTA. If you are living inside Italy, you can quickly check for OTA update through the software section of your phone or you can use the Samsung Smart Switch too. But outside Italy, you are limited to the manual update method only.
The manual update method involves the use of Odin, which is Samsung’s Flashtool. Using Odin to upgrade your Galaxy J6 to Android Pie is fairly simple. The only thing you have to do is to follow the instructions carefully, rest assured, the process will go smooth.
What’s new in Android Pie for Galaxy J6?
Android Pie is a major update. This update brings almost everything new. Starting from the UI of your device to the addition of new features. Samsung has replaced its Samsung Experience UI with the new Samsung One UI. This UI is designed for users who prefer one-handed use of the phone. The One UI has a new launcher. It has changed icons of all the applications. The UI of all stock Samsung apps has been changed too. If you look at the settings application, it has got some new features enhancing the use of the phone.
Samsung has also changed the look of the quick toggles panel. Not only the look, but it has also added new options there too. The new UI carries much-awaited Night Mode. It has the Adaptive Battery mode too. Device optimization section has some new options. Android Pie also brings native private DNS support. It has the option to turn the phone’s home screen into landscape mode and the list of features goes on.
Overall, new software is more secure, stable, and comes with bug fixes. Whether you like it or not, it is always recommended to have your phone running on the latest and greatest version of Android.
Assuming that you have understood everything, let’s move on to the guide to download Android 9 Pie on Samsung Galaxy J6.
Android 9 Pie on Samsung Galaxy J6
- This guide is only for Galaxy J6 J600FN. Do not try on other models.
- Charge your phone up to 50%.
- Back up each and everything as this update will wipe the phone.
- From the Developer Options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode.
- Use Original Data Cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Close Samsung Smart Switch while using Odin.
- Follow the remaining steps carefully.
- Galaxy J6 J600F Android Pie Firmware: Download
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the AP, CP, BL, CSC, and Home_CSC files.
Guide to install Android Pie 9.0 on Samsung Galaxy J6
- Open Odin 3.13.1 on your computer. In Odin, go to Options and make sure that only checked options are Auto Reboot and F.Reset.Time.
- Now in Odin, click on the AP tab and add the AP file here. In the CP and BL slots, add the CP and BL files. In the CSC tab, add the CSC file if you want to factory reset, add the Home_CSC file otherwise.
- Put your Galaxy J6 in Download Mode. Connect the USB Cable to your computer. Do not connect it to the phone yet. Now, turn off your phone completely first. Now press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down keys. While keeping the keys pressed, connect the USB Cable to your phone. It will now go into Download Mode. Press Volume Up to continue.
- Odin will detect your phone and show you “Added” in the logs. It will also show you a Blue light in the ID:COM box.
- Making sure that all files are added and your phone is connected, click on the “Start” button now.
- Odin will take around 5-7 minutes to flash Android Pie on your Galaxy J8. Your phone will reboot automatically in a while and you will have the latest One UI running on it.
That is pretty much it. You now have the most recent version of Android running on your Galaxy J6. If you think that the firmware is taking too long to boot up for the first time, you may consider clearing the cache of your phone. If you are facing any other problems with your phone, feel free to reach out to us. The best way to contact us is through the comments section below. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible.